More Project Cafe Rumors
My sources threw me a few extra tidbits on what to expect with next Nintendo console.
Hey guys, it’s Emily Rogers again. I hope you guys have a great Easter next week.
Earlier last week, I posted an article reporting some rumors I’ve heard from reliable sources saying that Nintendo had been in contact with Rockstar and Pikmin 3 might have been moved from Wii 1 to Wii 2 (Project Cafe). I feel good about my sources because they have been right a million times before, and now sites like 01.net and GONintendo.com and others are reporting that GTA5 might be in development for the system. If you scroll to the bottom, you will realize that I revealed the Rockstar news/rumors way before 01net or any of these other guys started coming out with their own sources.
As you can see, I reported the Rockstar thing way before 01.net caught wind of it.
I always knew there was some substance to the rumors that my sources gave me. Not surprising since my source was the one who told me about 3DS and Donkey Kong Country Returns before anyone else knew about it. Anyways, the point is, I was the first one to report the Rockstar thing before all of these french sites started to report on it.
Anyways, I am getting more and more confident about Pikmin 3 being on Wii 2 instead of Wii 1, and I would be shocked…absolutely shocked, if Pikmin doesn’t end up as a Wii 2 (Project Cafe) launch title or at least it comes out close to its launch. The only way I could see Pikmin for Project Cafe not showing up at E3 this June is if they redid the game completely from scratch midway through development. The game is really far along in development.
So anyways, my reliable sources dropped me some more info. Some of it I can share, some of it I can’t. But these are still rumors, no matter how you slice them. The follow are rumors based on information I’ve been given by people who work inside of the industry.
- Square Enix, Capcom, Sega, Konami, Activision, Rockstar/Take Two, Electronic Arts, Namco and Ubisoft all have development kits.
- They each have at least one game in development for the Wii 2.
- Expect games to be coming to this system that you would never expect on a Nintendo console.
- Nintendo is kissing third party ****s with this console.
- The new Nintendo controller sounds more ridiculous on paper. When you actually see the thing, it makes a lot more sense from a design standard.
- Expect Nintendo to roll out the red carpet for third parties so their games don’t get overshadowed. Nintendo has been preaching to third parties that third parties won’t get screwed this time around, so if you’re expecting a ton of amazing first party games at launch…well…think again. Nintendo wants a launch that creates confidence in third parties again so expect very few first party games at launch similar to the 3DS.
- Nintendo solved every storage issue a third party could possibly have with the new console. No harddrive though.
- Nintendo revamping their WiiWare and virtual console services. I don’t think it will be called WiiWare anymore.
- Almost positive that we’ll be seeing Pikmin in some shape or form.
- A first person shooter that people love will be ported to the 3DS. I can’t say what game, but it’s popular among FPS gamers.
- Expect a crapload of 3DS love at this E3. The show will be wayyy more 3DS than Wii 2 (Project Cafe). 3DS stuff will be at least 60 percent of the E3 pre-show.
- Don’t listen to anyone who says new Nintendo console will launch by end of 2011. They are idiots. This holiday season is all about the 3DS and Nintendo’s E3 show will focus on that.
- Don’t expect many games to be shown at E3 for new Nintendo console, but expect all of the key features to be revealed.
- I am 90 percent sure you will not see a Zelda: Skyward Sword port to the Wii 2. It will remain a Wii 1 game.
- Nintendo approached Hideo Kojima about the new Nintendo console. Nintendo and Hideo Kojima have a good relationship with each other.
- A Resident Evil game is in development for the new Nintendo system. I don’t know if Capcom is developing an RE spinoff or something part of the “main” Resident Evil series.
- Retrostudios started working on a Wii 2 game. It is NOT Metroid. Retro is done with Metroid.