How to Set Up a Dazzle on Ps3/xbox to Record Gameplay – Standard Plugin
Just a quick description on how to set up a Dazzle to record gameplay.
Hey guys, in this article i will be teaching you how to set up a Dazzle (Any kind. I use the White Dazzle) to your Ps3 or Xbox 360 to your Tv so you can record you sweet gameplay!If you do not know what a dazzle is, it is a capture card that will record your gameplay of any game you play. It can also record Tv shows and this all goes into your computer. Now lets get started.
First of all you are going to need:
- The Dazzle Capture Card – If you do not know where to get one go to eBay, or Best Buy. They always have some.
- Composite Cable – (Red, White, Yellow) on both sides of the cord.
- Composite Cable that came with the Ps3 or Xbox
- Laptop (Windows) (If you only have a mac, look at my other article on how to record with a white dazzle on a mac)
- TV with an out-put plugin in the back.
Note: If you have a HDTV and you play on it you are going to have to put your console settings into Standard mode for this all to work. The Dazzle cannot record HD gameplay, only standard definition.
1) So, First of all you will need to install the Pinnacle Studio Software that came with the Dazzle onto your computer. Once you have done that we will move on to the Set up.
2) Take your composite cable, and plug one side of it into the dazzle with the color cordination. (So the Red goes in the Red, White goes in White, etc.) Then Plug the other end of the composite cable into the output at the back of the Tv. (If your tv does not have an Output on it, this method will not work, and you will have to look at my other tutorial if you want to know how to do it without a output.)
3) Plug the composite cable that came with your console and put them into the Red, white and yellow input plugin. Now you are done with setting up the Dazzle with your tv.
4) Next go to your computer and open up the software that you have installed with the CD that came with your Dazzle. Plug the USB part of the Dazzle into your computer. Then click on the start recording button that is on the program and you should see what is on your tv screen. Once you are ready just hit record and start recording some gameplay!
I hope this helped, if you have any questions, let me know in the comment area and i will help you as soon as possible. Thanks for you time!
Be sure to check out my webstie HERE!