Skyrim: How to Become a Werewolf
Yes, you can become a werewolf in this game. Read on.
Pros And Cons
- You can never become diseased. If you are a vampire, becoming a werewolf cures it.
- You gain 100 health and stamina.
- You have the highest sprint speed in the game which is useful for traveling to far distances. Not to mention your stamina regenerates much faster than in your human form.
- Power attacks can “smack” into people and send them flying, allowing you to attack them with both claws while they are down easily killing them.
- You can transform whenever you like once a day unless you have the Hircine’s Ring.
- If you kill people you will not gain bounty. (If someone sees you transform, however, you will have a 1000 gold bounty in that hold, so transform away from people in a hidden area.)
- Wolves will be your ally while in beast form.
- Followers will not leave your service if you transform unless you accidentally attack them. If you roar, they will become frightened and run away, never to be seen again unless you encounter them randomly or if have a quest objective that leads them to their location. If you are going to go on a killing spree, it’s best to make them return home so they won’t get in the way.
- You can never become well rested.
- You can never gain bonuses from the Lover’s Comfort which allows you to learn skills 15% faster when you sleep in a house with your spouse. (This can easily be solved by using the Lover’s Stone.)
- You cannot loot bodies, pick locks, and talk to others while in beast form. However, you can solve simple dungeon puzzles such as pulling a chain to open a gate.
- You have to wait 2.5 minutes in real life to transform back into human unless if you fed on a few people you will have to wait longer.
Removing Your Inner Beast
Near the end of the Companions main quests, an optional quest named Purity will be active if you want to get rid of your werewolf form so you can become a vampire or return to normal. You must cut off the head of a Glenmore Witch and bring it back to the Tomb of Ysgramor and defeat your inner beast. After this you can never become a werewolf again. This decision is permanent so make sure you actually want to do this. It’s recommended to save before doing this in case you regret it later.