Features Why You Should Buy Skyrim Video Game
List of the best features of the upcoming video game Skyrim.
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim will be the fifth title in The Elder Scroll series. These games offer huge open worlds to all action role-playing game lovers. Skyrim is set to be released on the 11th of November for the three main gaming platforms: Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 3 and XBox 360. The game is being developed for roughly 3 years now by Bethesda Game Studios and will be published by Bethesda Softworks. Lets go on with the features which will make Skyrim the best Elder Scrolls game yet.
- New Game Engine: Bethesda created a new game engine from the ground for Skyrim. The engine features improved lighting, dynamic weather system. Also allowed developers to create more detailed terrains with draw distances never seen before in the previous Elder Scrolls title, Oblivion. Verticality of the open world is huge, climbing snow covered mountains and travelling through dense forests are all part of the game.
- Third Person View: Third Person animations has been greatly enhanced. Both movement and fighting animations are much more realistic and fluid now.
- Dual Wield: Gameplay wise, the most significant change is the new dual wield system which alters combat in Skyrim. You can put any combination of weapons, swords, shields or even magic spells in either your left or right hand which results in a huge number of possibilities.
- Advanced Inventory: The inventory system in the game has been revamped. All items in the inventory is grouped by type allowing for easier management. It will be possible to bookmark items by putting them on the favourites list. Also the items are fully rendered so you will be able to rotate them and zoom in and out as much as you like.
- Improved AI: NPCs will behave and react to situations more realistically.
- Jobs: You will be able to take jobs including chopping wood, gold mining and earn money in Skyrim.
- Enhanced Dungeons: One negative critic against Oblivion was that dungeons seemed very similar to each other. This time players will meet with a much wider variety of them.
- Dragons: Skyrim will feature dragons. In most cases these will be boss fights, but there will be some random encounters with smaller dragons too.
- Dragonborn: As a dragonborn, your character can perform shouts. These are basically very powerful magic “spells”. As you progress through the game, you learn words of power and these can be combined to shouts.