Pokedex – Chansey 113
Chansey is a normal type Pokemon that did not have an evolution until the 2nd generation. After the 2nd generation Chansey can evolve into Blissey when it has a high happiness percentage. Depending on which Pokemon game you are playing Chansey can have either the Natural Cure or Serene Grace special ability. Chansey looks a lot like Clefairy besides for the fact that Chansey has a pouch with an egg in it! Now for all the Chansey random facts.
- Chansey is 3 feet and 7 inches tall
- Chansey weighs 76.3 pounds
- Chansey’s shiny form is a pale orange with green ears
- Chansey’s name is derived from the word chance. Almost like taking a chance.
- Chansey’s secret ability is Healer
Chansey is a lot more common than many people think. Although Chansey is never really regarded as a very good Pokemon, but she has one of the highest HP stats out of any Pokemon! I have listed all of the places that you can catch Chansey below!
- Yellow/Blue/Red - In the Cerulean Cave and the Safari Zone
- Crystal/Silver/Gold - On routes 13, 14, and 15
- LeafGreen/FireRed - In the Safari Zone
- Platinum/Pearl/Diamond - In the Trophy Garden and on Routes 209 and 210
- SoulSilver/HeartGold - In the Safari Zone and on Routes 13, 14, and 15
For any games where you can not catch Chansey you can always either trade or migrate in order to get her into the game you need. As I said earlier, Chansey has one of the highest HP stats out of any Pokemon. She should be used as more of a tank than a fighter. There are a few strong hit moves you should definitively learn on the list below such as Egg Bomb and Double Edge. I have listed every move that Chansey learns below so you can decide for yourself.
- Level 5 - Tail Whip
- Level 9 - Refresh
- Level 12 - Softboiled
- Level 16 - Double Slap
- Level 20 - Minimize
- Level 23 - Sing
- Level 27 - Fling
- Level 31 - Defense Curl
- Level 34 - Light Screen
- Level 38 - Egg Bomb
- Level 42 - Healing Wish
- Level 46 - Double-Edge