Pokedex – Electrode 101
Electrode is an electric Pokemon that is evolved at level 30 from a Voltorb. Just like Voltorb, Electrode’s special ability can either be Soundproof or Static depending on which game you are playing. The main difference between Voltorb and Electrode is that the color is flipped and Electrode has a mouth and eyebrows added. Now for all the random fun facts about Electrode!
- Electrode is 3 feet and 11 inches tall
- Electrode weighs 146.8 pounds
- Electrode’s shiny form is blue instead of red
- Electrode’s name is derived from the words electric and explode
- Electrode’s secret ability is Aftermath
Surprisingly enough, Electrode and Voltorb are probably the only two evolutions that can be found evenly throughout the games. Most of the time anywhere that has a Voltorb will have a few rare Electrodes later on. Below is the entire list of locations in which you can find a Electrode.
- Blue/Red - In Cerulean Cave and the Power Plant
- Yellow - The Power Plant
- Crystal/Silver/Gold - Team Rocket Hideout
- Emerald/Sapphire/Ruby - In New Mauville and either the Team Magma or Team Aqua Hideout
- LeafGreen/FireRed - See the regular Blue and Red
- SoulSilver/HeartGold - In the Team Rocket HQ and the Cerulean Cave
If you have read my Voltorb article you most likely will agree that they share an even amount of locations in which they can be found. Once you evolve your Voltorb into an Electrode there are much more powerful moves that can be learned. I have listed these powerful moves below.
Level 35 - Swift
Level 40 - Magnet Rise
Level 46 - Gyro Ball
Level 51 - Explosion
Level 57 - Mirror Coat