Top 10 Ways to Stay Alive in Call of Duty Multiplayer
Ten ways to avoid dying in Call of Duty. This article applies to Black Ops and Modern Warfare three online multiplayer.
Are you constantly dying? Tired of getting slaughtered by the other team? Are they cheating? Most likely not. Don’t worry, just follow these 10 safety tips to stay alive online.
- STOP SPRINTING: While sprinting can be useful, it is usually the cause of many deaths. Stop being impatient and WALK around the map. Only sprint on straight paths and not around corners or through intersections.
- WATCH KILLCAMS: This goes back to impatience. Unless you know exactly who and where your killer is, you need to watch the killcam. Often times, the killcam will reveal locations of campers and snipers. Use this information to avoid multiple deaths from the same people.
- DRAW YOUR WEAPON: When approaching corners, you should always draw your weapon. Drawing your gun gives you a chance to kill anyone who may be approaching your position. Don’t get caught with your gun down.
- CHANGE STRATEGIES: If you died after trying to climb up that ladder, don’t do it again. Enemies expect players to repeat their actions, because they usually do.
- DO NOT IGNORE AIRCRAFT: Spy planes, Attack Helicopters, and other aircraft usually makes a big difference. If you are able to do so, take down choppers and planes, or at least avoid them.
- SWITCH CLASSES LATER: Don’t change your class or adjust your settings unless you KNOW you are safe. You should usually wait between deaths to do this. If an enemy sees you, they aren’t going to wait for you to unpause the game.
- DON’T BECOME AFK: AFK stands for “A Free Kill”. Don’t randomly walk off to grab a snack or use the bathroom. If you need to be away from the game for more than a couple of minutes, you should back out and start again when you return. Enemies take advantage of players who are not actually playing.
- SHARE KILLSTREAKS: If you get a care package that contains something that you aren’t good with, give it to a teammate. If you are terrible at controlling recon drones or guiding that predator missile, then share it with someone else.
- CAREFULLY RELOAD: Don’t change mags in the middle of the field with a war going on. Duck behind a wall/barrel or switch to your secondary for the moment. Two mistakes that people often make when they run out of ammo is attempt to reload immediately or sprint toward the enemy in hopes of a knife kill. Both of these usually don’t end well.
- SWITCH LOBBIES: If you notice that you are still getting brutally murdered millions of times by the other players, switch game lobbies and find new players to play with. Don’t make yourself go up against difficult players unless you like a challenge.
Got more tips? Drop a comment! If you liked this article, share it on Facebook and click the “I like it” button below. Hopefully this has been of use. Thanks for reading!