Great Games for Low-spec Pc’s #2
Starcraft: Brood War is a strategy game where players can build their own bases and establish an army depending on the certain races available. There is a campaign mode, and also a multi-player mode. Scroll below to get Starcraft free.
Looking for a good game to play, but the computer can’t handle the intense graphics? Graphics driver too ancient? Not enough memory? Fear not, there are many games out there that are fun, and require little graphics. The game presented is Starcraft: Brood War. The game is a strategy game similar to Age of Empires, and World of Warcraft, which isn’t surprising because the one and only Blizzard made it (also the creators of Diablo 1 and 2.)
- 16 MB RAM
- Windows® XP or Windows Vista®
- Pentium 90 or higher
- 2X CD-ROM drive
- 56 kb internet connection (for multiplayer)
Starcraft: Brood War is a real-time strategy game. You can play single-player, or multi-player. When you start a game, you can choose to play Campaign, Custom, Multiplayer, or you can decide to make some maps.
Campaign is a mission-based gamestyle. It follows an amazing story, and by playing Campaign you can become better at the game. Each race has its own story that correlates with the other races. It is preferable to play them in order.
Custom allows you to play any maps that you have downloaded and created, and allows you to set the number of people playing, and the race that the players play.
Multiplayer allows yo uto connect to the internet and download other players’ maps and play them. It is an excellent way to share your skills with other players. There are many types of maps also. The types of maps are:
- UMS- by far the most popular type of maps in the game. They are initials of Use Map Settings, and these types of maps offer the most diversity and gameplay. With the many triggers, and the many mods that players in the Starcraft community, there are over thousands of UMS maps. UMS allows you to play many small mini-games, such as RPG games, and many tower defense games.
- Melee- a fast-paced map game that is reserved for the better end of Stacraft players.
- Top-and-Bottom- a team versus team style map that typically involves one team on one side of the map and the opposing team on the other.
- 1v1- one versus one game. Enough said.
Get Starcraft for Free
The International CyberCup (ICCUP) has made its own server for players to play on. It is based on a ladder-like system, where players try to get the higher ranks by beating other ranked players. For some time, ICCUP has posted a thread that teaches you how to get Starcraft for free. However, it does not contain the campaign mode. More information can be found on this site by clicking on the Starcraft section on the top
More Low-Spec Games
More low-spec games can be found by visiting these websites: