Bb-gun Riot Shield
Five simple steps on how to make a riot shield for BB-Guns.
Just under a month ago i was having a BB-gun war with my mate, brother and brothers mate. My brother was using a spring G36C while his mate was using my brothers old gun, the famas. While i was using a sniper i got for Christmas and my mate was using my M16 (spring). The problem was is that my sniper is too powerful for close range plus i have a 32x scope so that’s useless in a close combat situation. So i decided i wanted a shield that would let me move around to get to advantage points without being a big target.
So this is the list of things you need:
see through plastic (can get from hard ware stores or mocrontrol car casing)
sellotape, scissors, pen, ruler and knife.
Black spray paint (Not necessary but if you want it to look good then you might consider it)
Wire or string
Here’s what you do:
1) Cut of the material on the top of the board (using the scissors) as it is weaker then the under side. There should be polystyrene in the middle making out the shape*LEAVE IT ALONE*. This part will be the side facing you as you want the stronger part facing towards your enemy.
2) Mark out where you want your looking hole to be on the stronger side using the ruler and pen then once your happy start to cut from the top down. Once you do that there will strands coming of the edges where you cut, simply just cut these strands off.
3) Spray paint the strong side or just leave it alone, whatever you decide to do. You can do it later but it will be more difficult.
4) Decide where you want to put your straps straps to be, i put them where i felt most comfortable. The one where i hold just above the one my elbow supports. Use the knife to make two pairs of two wholes of which to thread your string/wire though.
5) Cut your plastic to a size in which it’s about 2 cm longer each side, then get the plastic behind the material but in front of the polystyrene in the gap which you cut out. Then use the sellotape to hold it in place.
And that should be your shield, i hope i was help full enough as it took me ages to write. The plastic and rest of the shield should be able to stop a plastic BB going at 360fps+ without making a mark or going through.