Five Interesting Games to Play for a Family Get-together
Family get-togethers are real fun. Add to the existing fun by playing these games..
1) Passing the parcel : A very simple game to play for a get together. Make all the participants sit in a circle. Take a box or any other handy object. The box should be given to one participant. There has to be a person to operate the music- to start the music and stop it. Now switch the music on. The participant should pass the box to the person towards his right and that person should again pass it to the person on his right and so on. After a minute or so,the music operator should stop the music. The participant who has the box in his hand when the music stops will be out of the game. Again continue the game. One by one,the participants will start getting eliminated and the one who stays till the last is the winner. When a person becomes out of the game, you can make him do things like sing a nursery rhyme with actions, dance to the latest song or even crazy stuffs like act like a monkey or mimic any hero.
2) Musical chair : This game is all about music and chairs. If you have 20 people at the party,you will need 19 chairs to play this game (Number of chairs = Total number of persons – 1 ). There has to be someone to turn the music on and off. Now arrange the chairs in a circle with the sitting part facing outside. The participants should stay close to the chairs. Now turn the music on. The players should move in a circular motion alongside the chairs. Once the music stops,every member should try to catch a seat for themselves in the chair. The person who is unable to sit in the chair will be out of the game. Take a chair outside from the circle. Now there will be 19 members and 18 chairs. Continue the game till it reaches 2 members and 1 chair. This is the final round. The person who manages to sit in the chair should be declared the winner.
3) Sing- song game : This is a very popular game in India and is named as “Anthakshari”. In this game, two groups have to be formed. The first group can sing any song of their choice. They should be singing at least one stanza of the song. If they sing “Empty spaces…………………..Incomplete” from the backstreet boys,the next group has to sing a song that starts with the beginning letter of the last word of their song. In this case,the last word is incomplete and the beginning letter of the last word is “I”. So the other group will have to sing a song that starts with the letter “I” . They can sing Akon’s “Its been so long….I wanna make up right na na na..”.. So again the first group has to sing a song that starts with the letter “n”. Continue the game till any of the group fails to sing during their turn with the desired alphabet for 6 times.
4) Identify- the- movie game: Also known as “Dumsharags” in India, even this game requires two groups of people. Lets name the group as A and B. At first,group B will decide on the name of a movie say for example “The Father of the Bride”. Now one person from team A will come forward and the team B will have to tell the name of the movie to that person. This person,without using his mouth and only through actions,should convey the name of the film to his group. If the group succeed in the mission of naming the movie right,they get a point and if they fail to do so,the group who came up with the name of the movie earns a point. Finally, the group with the highest number of points wins the game.
5) Bus : In this game, the participants has to sit in a circle. The first participant will say the number “1″,the second will say “2″ but the third should say “bus”instead of “3″.Whenever the participant has to say three or multiples of three ,he has to say “bus”, Now the fourth person can say “4″,fifth person “5″,but the sixth person has to say “bus”.Anyone who fails to say bus when it is 3 or multiples of three,will be out of the game.The one who sticks it to the end is the winner.