Geograquiz by Glenn G. Dahlem, Ph.D.
How well do you know physical process terms? Match the term or phenomenon with its brief description or relationship. Careful, one process has THREE correct answers. Answers below–no peeking.
01. __ orography A. happens daily
02. __ coriolis force B. so. Indian Ocean
03. __ subduction C. extrusion flow
04. __ glaciers move D. cools Calif.
05. __ sea breeze E. deflects air, water
06. __ Gulf Stream F. ocean wave
07. __ seiche G. warms Brit. Isles
08. __ Japan Current H. gravity flow
09. __ anticyclone I. at plate meeting
10. __ Roaring Forties J. shearing
K. low pressure
L. rising air cools
ANSWERS: 1-L, 2-E, 3-I, 4-C, H & J, 5-A,
6-G,7-F, 8-D, 9-K, 10-B