How to Make Your Minecraft Home More Secure
Hey guys! In this article I’ll share some tips to keep your Minecraft home more secure and stop mobs from getting in or around you…
1. Use glass in windows rather than having them empty. Mobs cannot spawn or walk through glass, plus glass will make your Minecraft home look more like a real building and less like a slab of dirt.
2. Have doors covering every exit. This is not so important in higher floors, but on the ground floor and 2nd floor you should certainly have doors in all the exits. Again, this makes your home look cooler and more read, as well as adding security.
3. Keep your home and the area around your home well lit. Your first priority should be to have a well lit interior, but as time progresses you’ll want to invest in some torches around your house. This way mobs can’t spawn right outside your home and you probably won’t get attacked the second you step out the door. Plus if you get lost at night outside lighting will help you find your way back.
4. Don’t have pressure plates operating doors – Especially exterior doors! For if you do animals and mobs can open your doors, not to mention you opening your door by mistake when there is a creeper right outside
5. Build a fence several blocks away from your home that extends all the way around. This is mainly so creepers can’t get right up outside your house and explode. I’m sure you’d rather have a few fence blocks destroyed than a wall of your home!
6. If your mine is connected to your house seal it with a door. Because if you enter a cave while mining and die you don’t want mobs wandering up into your house…
7. Keep valuables several floors up from the ground – This way mobs can’t get in and destroy your stored items as easily.
8. Sleep in a seperate, small, well lit room.