FarmVille: The Keys to All The Ribbons
This guide will help you get all the ribbons of the game!
Now that FarmVille has hit well over 500,000 people, I’m sure plenty of people are trying to find out how to level fast, make money fast, and get fast experience. Well hopefully this is the perfect guide for you. I also want to say before I start my guide that this is all based on what I have personally done in the game. I have not read any other guides that people have written so I am sorry ahead of time if anything becomes repetitive in any way, shape, or form. It is not my intention to copy any one else’s work or ideas.
So you are new to the game. What do you do? Well, the obvious thing is first. Start planting!
What to do:
The first thing I did was look at the money and what I could plant. With the money I started off with, I made as many plots as I could and planted Strawberry’s. Now obviously these only take four hours and the way the game works, they have another four hours before they die. So plant wisely around your schedule. This may seem a big obsessive, but the game is very easy to get addicted to when you have nothing better to do or when you want to level. If you are able to plant and harvest every four hours, this should get you some quick money and experience. You get 1xp for each time you plow a plot and 1xp for each strawberry you plant. Since you can only get $10 profit for each strawberry, it is wise to plant as many as possible to use your money right. After you get the hang of planting and making money, you should make your whole farm ONLY plants. I did this to start gaining as much money as I could. Planting, although it is a pain to click a lot, gives you the best profit up front. Animals and trees can come later.
Now that you have the hang of planting, it is time to put all of your money to use on ribbons!
How to achieve those ribbons:
Key: Number needed to get Yellow/White/Red/Blue
- Local Celebrity – Gain Neighbors 5/15/25/50
- This one is pretty easy if you have a lot of Facebook friends who play the game. This one is also very self explanatory. But I don’t have a lot of friends who play so I usually just invite a lot of people OR I add people that I do know that play that I just wasn’t Facebook friends with yet. I know that you need 25 friends for the red, but I am not sure about the blue one just yet as I haven’t reached it.
- I would also like to tell you the rewards for each, but I don’t know them. All I know is the more ribbons you get, the more XP/Cash you get.
- Good Samaritan – Help your friends farms 50/150/500/1500
- This is can be easy for those of you with tons of friends who play. But not so easy for those that don’t. Each day you can help your friend’s farms. You usually get 20 coins and 5xp each time you help out. For someone just starting the game, that can be a big help. For others, not so much. But either way, helping your friends and getting the extra 5xp each time will add up over time. But once you help too many people, it drops to 5 coins and 1xp. So just be wise about it. I know that the first one is either 25 or 50 friends and I know the red you need to help 500 friends, but the blue I am not sure about yet either.
- High Roller – Earn money to get the next ribbon -$50K/$100K/$500K/$1MIL
- Again, this one is pretty easy. Just keep your farm completely full of plants to grow and harvest and you will be on your way to this one in no time. For those of you that joined last weekend, Super Berries were a lucky gift for you. This got plenty of new farmers tons of money and experience that the older farmers would have loved to started with. But we didn’t. I have found out as of today, 8.31.09 that the last ribbon is in fact $1Mil.
- A Pretty Penny – Spend money to earn these. – $50K/$100K/$500K/$1.5Mil
- Again, this one is pretty easy. Just keep your farm completely full of plants to grow and harvest and you will be on your way to this one in no time. The more you spend on planting, the more you make to help your High Roller ribbons. Another easy way to spend money is to buy a tractor, or two, the new harvest machine, and work on your architect/pack rat ribbons. To learn more about the easiest way to spend money, see the Architect and Pack Rat ribbon explanations.
- Cream of the Crop – Harvest as many crops as you can – 100/1000/5000/50000
- This one is easy the way my farm is set up. I have bough two expansions for my farm and I have as much room for plants only as I can. This way I can harvest many more during each harvest. The easiest way to get any of these is to do raspberries that take only 2 hours. Have your whole farm as raspberries and do it religiously every two hours and you will complete this in no time. I only have a little over 2000 harvests since I started playing, but sooner or later it will get up there.
- Knock on Wood – Harvest trees – 20/250/1500/?
- Not only does my farm have as much space as possible for the cream of the crop ribbon, I have as many trees as possible around the edges where my crop space can’t fit. I only do cherry trees since they take only two days. So far I only have maybe 150-160 tree harvests, but the only quickest way to get this done would be to take two days and make your whole farm nothing but cherry trees. Then, once you harvest all of them every two days for a few times, you will have all the ribbons and you can sell all of your trees again. But for now, I keep mostly crops to work on both ribbons.
- Zoologist – Harvest animals – 20/500/1000/?
- Just like the Knock on Wood and Cream of the Crop, this one can be used the same way. I bought a few rows of chicken, since chicken only take one day and they are the smallest. You can also make your whole farm nothing but chickens for a few days and complete all the ribbons even quicker that way. But once again, I have mine mostly crops, a few rows of trees, and a few rows of chicken to work on them all.
- Architect – Buildings needed on your farm – 5/10/15/30
- The easiest way to complete this one is to take $30,000 and buy 30 rest tents. They are $1000 each and once you get each ribbon, you will get some of your money back. Yes your farm will look dumb with so many, but hey once you get all thirty, just sell them. It will help build your xp a little and you will be done with a ribbon.
- Pack Rat – Tons of decorations needed – 25/50/100/250
- The easiest way to do this one is to buy 250 regular bails of hay for $100 each. It will cost you $22500, but you will get 5xp for each bail. That is 1250xp just for the four ribbons. Not to mention that you can buy a couple more later on to advance to that next level when you get close enough to it.
- Animal Shelter – Adopt Animals – 1/2/4/15
- This one may be the hardest one in the game. It’s not often that you have a lost sheep end up on your farm for others to adopt, and it is just as rare that one of your 30 friends will have the same thing happen. Plus there are just too many people that could click the adopt button before you that this one is just ridiculously impossible. But good luck, and hope that your friends have sheet come onto their farms!
- Shutter Bug – Take Pictures – 10/15/30/50
- This one is going to be just as easy as helping your friends, literally. When you go down your neighbors list and click on each one to help them, take a picture of their farm while you are there and you will get this one done in no time. This one is easier for those with more friends then others. NOTE: You can take pictures of people’s farms that are not your neighbor, but on your list waiting to become your neighbor.
- Green Thumb – Plant different crops – ?/10/14/17
- I know for this one you need 17 different crops to get the blue. The best thing to do is as you level, plant the new stuff that you can. Without having super berries, the weekend special last weekend, you need to get to level 21 to be able to plant potatoes. This will get you 17 different types of crops.
- Tree Hugger – Harvest different trees – 15 to get blue
- This one is hard. You will notice in the market there are only 8 trees that you can buy with coins. You will need to have your friends send you the other trees that can not be bought in order to complete this blue ribbon. It can be easy, but it will take some time.
- Noah’s Arch – Harvest different animals – 8 to get blue
- This one is just like Tree Hugger. Most of the animals are gifts and you need your friends to send them to you.
- Not Spoiled, Gifted – Keep all your gifts in your gift box – Blue at 21
- This one is extremely easy, but will take a while with fewer friends. You can edge your friends on by sending them gifts and hope for gifts in return. The only catch, you need to have 21 DIFFERENT gifts in your box at ONE time. You can not use them until you get all 21 different gifts. But if you have multiples you can use them. This is the only tricky part about this ribbon.
Well, enjoy your farm and hope for the best!
I give all credit to Facebook.Com and FarmVille on Facebook.Com for my information about this game.
http://www.triond.com/ <- submit your work here for money!