Complete 1-99 RuneScape Summoning Guide
An in-depth guide to getting yourself 99 Summoning in Runescape; including costs and charms collecting.
Want to know how to get that Level 230 Steel Titan on your side? Well this is the guide for you!
Summoning is a members only skill which allows you to “summon” spirit companions from Wolves to Titans. You will end up losing a fair amount of money in this guide. I will also outline a secondary, cheaper option however the time required is basically unrealistic. In addition to this, there are ways to accquire much more experience in a shorter amount of time but they are extremely expensive.
Summoning Requires a number of things in order for you to start:
- Wolf Whistle Quest completed
- Spirit Shards (Can be bought for 25gp each from Pikkupstix)
- Pouches (Bought from Pikkupstix)
- Secondary Items (Will go into more detail)
Gold – Fire Giants (Level 86) are the way to go. However, if these are too high level then Ice Giants (Level 53) will work as well.
Green – Don’t even bother; they give horrid xp amounts, unless just to use them up.
Chrimson – I would recommend killing Cockroach Soldiers to collect these, although greater demons will work as well.
Blue – Do give some xp, but secondary items are crazy expensive. Do not use for training unless simply to use them up.
- These are items specific to the type of pouch you are making. Eg. A Spirit Wolf needs Wolf Bones. A Steel Titan needs a Steel Platebody.
- For the best experience amounts per hour you will want to buy these however some of the ones we are going to be using are easily attainable. Others you will want to get yourself because they are insanely expensive.
As a note the numbers are approximate for convenience (Its easier to remember 900 than 894)
That was Easy! (Level 1 – Level 4)
- Finish Wolf Whistle
- You will now have 275 Gold Charms and be Level 4 Summoning
Tastes Like Chicken! (Level 4 – Level 10)
For this first part you will need:
- 100 Blank Pouches
- 100 of your free Gold Charms
- 100 Raw Chickens (These are easy to obtain however are not that expensive anyway.)
- Spirit Shards (800 Costing 20k)
Using your method of choice (The simplest being banking in Falador and running to Pikkupstix’s shop), make all of these into Spirit Dreadfowl pouches. Turning them into scrolls nets very little experience as does summoning them, so feel free to sell them if you can.
Eek! A Spider! (Level 10 - Level 16)
- 130 Blank Pouches
- 130 Gold Charms
- 130 Spider Carcasses (Costing around 180K)
- Spirit Shards (1040 Costing 26k)
Make Spirit Spider Pouches until you run out of carcasses. This may seem expensive, but to compensate for it you can use the scrolls to spawn Red Spiders eggs which sell for about 350 gp each. Or you can try selling the pouch for 750 gp each.
Cra* Crabs… (Level 16 - Level 31)
What you need:
- 560 Blank Pouches
- 560 Gold Charms (Time to start gathering)
- 560 Iron Ore (Feel free to mine this for the xp and to cut down on costs)
- Spirit Shards (3920 Costing 98K)
While the iron ore is easy to gather, the gold charms are not so much. The Fire Giants are often crowded and the Ice Giants can be as well. Keep working at it though because that is what it takes to reach 99 summoning.
Vampire Bites (Level 31 – Level 46)
Items you will have to have:
- 400 Blank Pouches
- 400 Chrimson Charms
- 400 Vampire Dust
- Spirit Shards (32400 Costing 810K)