Editing/creating Items on a 317 Server – Stats
Brief Guide on how to change the stats/name/price of and item or create an item in a 317 runescape private server. (Source side)
Here are 8 easy steps to changing the properties of any item in you 317 rsps (runescape private server). You can also edit a null to add a new item or just add a new number and line to create a new item. Note that this will not edit the graphics of the item and if you create one you will have to graphic, just and item. To change the item’s graphic you need to change it in you client, I will create a guide for that at a later time.
1) First you need to open your item source and find the file named item.cfg. You can usely find this under “bin” or “data” then “cfg”. Open this in notepad.
2) Next you need to find the item you want to edit, or if you want to create and item you can either add a new number or find any “null” to change into your item.
3) You should see that the items are arranged in rows with names and numbers, this is the format they follow
number - name(only when wielded) – examine info(usually doesn’t change anything, but you still need it) – low value – high value – price – stab bonus – slash bonus – crush bonus – magic bonus – range bonus – stab defense – slash defense – crush defense – magic defense – range defense – strength bonus – prayer bonus
Example item — item = 35 Excalibur This_used_to_belong_to_King_Arthur. 0 0 0 20 29 -2 0 0 0 3 2 1 0 25 0
4) Now you need to decide what to change and change it.
5) Now save and close the file.
6) Compile you source.
7) Run you source and client.
Spawn you item and have fun!