How to be Successful in “The Crucible” – RuneScape
This mini-guide tries to explain the main tactic to kill someone in The Crucible.
What is “The Crucible”?
“The Crucible” is a new update in the game Runescape. He tries to get back the memories of bounty hunter.
As far as I’m concerned, the stats i advise to get in the crucible are:
96+ summoning (to fight anyone)
90+ strength and attack
94+ magic (vengeance)
Why 96+ summoning?
2 answers: pack yak (96 summoning) and Steel titan (99 summoning)
Note: If you are not 96 summoning, you should fight targets that aren’t 96+ summoning too. If not, you will get destroyed very fast.
- Basic rune armour
- strength amulet
- dragon boots or rune boots (if 40-45 defence)
- better gloves you can wear (barrows gloves > rune gloves > adamant gloves > regen baracelet > combat bracelet)
Note: If you are able to use goliath gloves, USE THEM!
- dragon scimitar (60 attack) or abyssal whip (70 attack)
- Ardougne cape 3 or 4 (they are pretty much free) or any team cape
- ring of recoil
- helm of neitiznot (55+ defence); berserker helm (45-55 defence); rune full helm (40-45 defence)
- best defender you can wield; if don’t have a defender, just use rune kiteshield or toktz-ket-xil (60+ defence)
- dragon dagger (p++) or granite maul
- 2 sets of saradomin brews
- 2 sets of super restores
- 1 super attack
- 1 super strength
- vengeance runes ( 20 death runes; 40 astral runes; 100 earth runes)
- rest = rocktails or sharks
- If you are 96+ summoning bring pack yak full of food/brews. If you are 99 summoning I would advice bringing a steel titan with scrolls.
If you don’t want defence, don’t use any familars that give defence xp. This is a multi area where familiars can attack your opponent.
Don’t use korasi sword special because it is very unpowerful on multi combat.
Just fight people that are fighting in melle or ranged based.
When you are down to 2-3 food just run away back to bank if you don’t want to death match.
You must get the basics of pking to fight in here.
Enjoy fighting in The Crucible. Hope you enjoy.
I will add pictures in the near future.