Rsbot Scripting: Tutorial One – Getting Setup
Jump-start your scripting experience with the latest RSBot guide!
BTOdell’s Tutorial Index
- *Getting Started*
- >Starting your Script> (Next)
- >>Script Backbone>>
- >>>Fill In The Blanks>>>
- >>>>Making Your Script User Friendly>>>>
Scripting can be a lot of fun once you are able to write great working scripts that do just what you want them to do. I know because I learned how to script from RSBot tutorials, and just a couple days into it, I knew I wasn’t going to be ABLE to stop; it was just so much fun! But it took some work to get here.
WARNING: Scripting does take some logic to build algorithms methods, so be aware that this might not be for you.
- Java Development Kit: Download HERE
- Eclipse: Download HERE (Downloads a ZIP file; must be extracted)
- Make sure you have RSBot’s source for Eclipse IDE purposes. (Click here to learn how to get it)
Now that you have the basic tools to get started it is time to setup RSBot with Eclipse.
- Open Eclipse
- Create a new Java Project: File > New > Java Project
- You should see a new page open:
- Click Finish once you have filled out the name and located your RSBotSVN folder using the Browse button.
You have now successfully created a new Java Project using Eclipse. You are all set to start scripting!