RuneScape: Character Creation and Classes
A non-member guide on character classes and creation.
This is a guide for both new and old characters. I am here to explain the classes for Runescape.
To start off there are three main types of classes: Melee, ranger, or mage.
- This is the most common class in the RuneScape world.
- This class is close combat and if taking damage is not for you, nor is this class.
- The armor is mainly of a metal. Example: Bronze, Iron, Mithiril, Adamate, or Rune.
- The weapons are made of the same metals and include: Daggers, swords, long swords, scimitars, and a 2 handed sword.
- Each weapon has their different speeds and attack strength.
- Melee users mainly have high attacks, strength, defense, and hit points levels.
- Melee users need to have a high defense and hit point level because they take a lot of damage.
- Melee armor and weapons usually cost more money than other classes, but they provide the best defense.
- This class is probably the hardest to start, but once you get high, you do a lot of fast damage and it is good PvP.
- This is long range combat with a high attack rate.
- The armor is mainly of leather. Example: Leather legs and chest, coif, studded chest and legs.
- The weapons consist of a bow and arrows. There are different types of bows and arrows that cost more and do more damage. Example: longbow, oak bow, willow long bow, yew bows, iron arrows, bronze arrows, mith arrows, steel arrows, and addy arrows.
- Rangers usually have high range attacks and defense levels.
- Rangers need to have a high range to hit higher and it is a good Pvp skill.
- Ranger armor is relatively cheap and so are the bows. The thing that can cost the most is the arrows. You need a lot of them and the higher level you are, the more expensive they are.
This class is the hardest to start due to the need of runes, yet it hits the higest at a low level.
- This is a long range combat with moderate attack rate and a high damage.
- The armor mainly consists of robes. Example: priest and mage robes.
- You do not use a weapon in magic, but you can use a staff to raise the magic stats.
- Mages usually have a high mage level and defense since the defense stats of robes are not very good.
- Mages need a high magic level because the higher the level the more spells they unlock.
- The Mage robes are very cheap. The runes however can get very pricey. It is hard to come up with a lot of cash fast when you first start out, so that is why this is such a hard starter class. I may suggest that taking up the rune crafting skill is very important if you want to do well in this class.
That is the combat triangle. You can use it to determine what you want to be.