RuneScape is Bringing Back Free Trade and Wilderness Fighting… If You Vote "Yes."
Since 2007, the Runescape world has been completely devastated by the removal of the free trade system and wilderness fighting. Now, there is a huge chance that we can get those back.
Today, Runescape announced that they would reconsider the free trade system which entails many things.
1. Merchanting goods will be easier. Buy low and sell high is the name of the game, which is only possible with the GE currently and is very slow.
2. Real world trading will probably come back. Currently, your accounts are unable to give each other items or gold. I do not know what Runescape will do to combat this when it comes out.
3. Drop trading will once again take its reign. Many generous rich players used to give freebies to random noobs. On that note, I guarantee that I will give away tons of gold if free trade comes back like it was.
4. Grand Exchange? I don’t know what will happen to the Grand Exchange if free trade comes back. I hope it stays as a permanent fixture in the game because I have been making money off of it for the past 3 years. (I even wrote a guide about it http://gameolosophy.com/games/online/runescape/how-to-get-rich-on-runescape-2/ except my money is now up to 21 million instead of whatever that guide says.)
This announcement also includes bringing back the old wilderness system. Back in the glory days, Runescape allowed players to kill each other and then take all of their stuff in the wilderness which Runescape removed because it was an easy method of free trading.
1. Compitition is back! I loved having random clan wars in which each clan promised each other to pick their items up if they died, and worked together to destroy all other clans.
2. Can you say “pures?” Since the 2007 update, pure mages, archers, or combats have been useless, as there is no reward for killing other players. If we get the free trade system back, you will be guaranteed to see level 30 “pownzors.”
3. Adrenaline, risk, and possibility of great return. This was the goal of every player before 2007, and currently this doesn’t exist.
Do you want to take part in the voting? If you don’t vote, Runescape will consider your vote a “no” and you will be hurting the chances of the old system coming back. Vote here: http://www.runescape.com/wilderness