Top 5 Monsters to Kill in RuneScape for Drops
These are the best monsters (in my opinion) to kill for drops in RuneScape F2P.
- Dark Wizards levels 7 & 20: Don’t let these creatures low level fool you. If you are level 70+ combat and you slay these for about and hour or two with full green dragonhide on, you can easily make 200-400k from the runes these creatures drop, which include Natures, Comics, laws, and chaos, which all sell for pretty good amounts when sold in bulk.
- Moss Giants level 42: I don’t particularly recommend these if you are trying to make money, unless you are willing to make long, tedious trips to a bank and back. I advise these because they are good for experience in melee, range, or mage, and they are also good prayer experience because of the guaranteed big bones drop each time.
- Lesser Demons level 82: These creatures are great…if you are willing to stay for a while. Their best drop is a rune medium helm, which is kind of rare. They also drop death runes and fire runes, which can produce profit if you stock up on them. It took me about 4 days of playing 2 hours a day to get a full inventory of rune medium helms, so again, i dont particularly recommend this spot.
- Greater Demons level 92: These are the second best monster to kill for drops in Runescape Non-members. They drop rune med helms, rune full helms, rune kite shields, and rune chain bodies. These drops are rare, but you can make a good profit off of these monsters if you stick it out. The downside: these demons are located in deep wilderness where you can’t teleport, and you can get pestered by revenants (ghost like creatures that are aggressive and can hit very high). If you are 90+ combat you will probably be able to handle this with some ease.
- Cockroach Soldier level 83: These are by far the best monster in Runescape F2P to kill for profit. At level 80+ combat with full rune and an inventory of tuna, you can make a solid 300k an hour off of the law and fire rune, rune scimitar, rune square shield, and ore drops, which all come pretty frequently.