Championship Manager Legends : Fabulous Players of CM 01/02 – Maxim Tsigalko

Here is an analysis of the best player of the CM series.

CM, or Championship Manager, is one of the most addictive games. There are millions of people playing this game worldwide. Many of them are interested in sports like me. I have been playing CM series for four years and searching over the talented players, youngsters and wonderkids. This is actually one of the aims of CM game. I aim to find wonderkids and train them to be a legendary player in their professional football careers as other cm fans do. This article is about the best players of all CM series. They are not an ordinary players. They are legendary players of this game.

Maxim Tsigalko:

To many CM fans, Maxim Tsigalko is the best player of all CM series. However, he shows his talents especially in CM 01/02. He starts to his football career at a Belarussian football club Dinamo Minsk as a striker. He has a great finishing property. It is set to 20 after the first season. Someone should stop him before he kicks the ball, otherwise the result is inevitably goal. After one year passing in Dinamo Minsk, he transfers to the biggest teams of Europe like Real Madrid, Manchester United, Arsenal, Liverpool. If are lucky and aware of this player, you can buy this player. He is not as expansive as most of the people think. You can get him by very low cash. He plays as a striker and kicks goals and make assists. He always gets along with his teammates. He is loyal to the club. You can sell him to bigger clubs in your future plans. If you play this in forward zone as an individual striker, you can get better results. However, you should put a good attacking midfielder behind him to assist.

Maxim Tsigalko plays at the right of forward region since he uses his deadly right foot. Even though he is not good at accelerating and dribbling , his goal scoring capability in one-to-one positions are extremely good.He frustrates the goalkeeper in one-to-one positions.

Here is some of screenshots showing his extreme football.

How to make money writing for Triond

How to use social bookmarking sites effectively to get traffic

Liked it
105 Comments
  1. nobert bermosa
    Posted May 3, 2008 at 10:50 am

interesting article, my son will surely be very happy to read about this,i’ve already quit playing games,thanks

2. Lucy Lockett
    Posted May 10, 2008 at 2:00 am

I’m not a gamer anymore but I still enjoy the simple ones!

3. budi
    Posted June 16, 2008 at 9:31 am

i mis ur talent tsigalko..

4. marko
    Posted July 23, 2008 at 6:47 am

with tsigalko I always win every leaugue I play.

maxim you are legend

5. Picos
    Posted August 21, 2008 at 6:18 am

In CM 01/02,he is really legandary.However,my favourites are Evandro Roncatto,Diope,Krasen Trifonov and Carlos Tevez in CM 03/04.

6. Dodgers
    Posted August 21, 2008 at 6:19 am

Don’t forget to talk about Sergey Nikiforenko and Carlos Jacques. They are the best attacking midfielders of CM series.

7. Turkishboy
    Posted August 21, 2008 at 3:08 pm

Daha birçok böyle futbolcu var. Rodallega, Simonetta, Cerci, Pazzini bunlardan sadece birkaç tanesi.

8. Patchman
    Posted August 22, 2008 at 2:20 am

Tsigalko is not a good player in real time. He is just one of the bugs of that game like To Madeira or Tonton Zola.

9. jan dik
    Posted September 6, 2008 at 6:52 pm

The players of the game CM01-02 can also buy Volodonko(Belarus), Milevskiy(Belarus),Mark Kerr(Scotland) and Lee Chun-Soo(South Korea)!
    Thanks

10. izzzemoe
    Posted September 19, 2008 at 11:02 am

hip..hip…hura… tsigalko is the best striker and aghahowa is a good player too

11. ManChamp
    Posted October 3, 2008 at 6:32 am

Maxim wow, i discovered this guy in season 4 of my career he had moved to leverkusen i paid 18million quid for him to bring him to united and wow never looked back – (annoied the hell out of my bro when we started an italian league and i could buy him straight away haha go MAXIM!

12. GUDA-pt
    Posted October 4, 2008 at 5:31 am

the best…. try to use it side by side with Tó Madeira… doble team is better… lol

13. JS
    Posted October 5, 2008 at 8:48 am

i think maxim is a good player because he scored 59 goals and got 34 assists in all comps in one season for my marseille team. My four strikers are drogba, mido, tsigalko, dagoberto. also sergy nikiforenko is wicked at assists

14. Bulkers
    Posted November 7, 2008 at 12:47 pm

I’ve never bought him, because I always find it impossible for him to get a work permit. Anyone know a way round this?

15. Franco
    Posted November 14, 2008 at 3:45 pm

I’ve nver managed to get a work permit for him either. I always go for alonso solis(free transfer), luisao (striker, possibly corinthians) and guillherme (atl.mineiro). mark kerr, assane n’diaye(shaktar), agahowa(shaktar), isaak orokonowo (def, shaktar) and andre d’allessandro are all very good too.

16. MariusDrag
    Posted November 16, 2008 at 7:35 am

Hello guys!

Let me give U a few tips..:D .cause I RULE at CM 01-02..

tsigalko is the best!
    Also look for To Madeira, Joao Paiva, Marc Kerr, Mirel Radoi, F. Risp, Alex Iglesias, Vicy, M. Lindgrasmo, Harbuzzi,agahowa, Isaak Orokonowo, Carlos Marques…

Alos a tip..use a 1-4-1-2-1-2 formation.. ;)

I do not mentione playes like Ronaldinho or Cannavaro because they are good alsoin real life.

Good luck! :P

17. Jamie
    Posted November 18, 2008 at 5:01 pm

David Collins at Radcliffe. scores hundreds of goals in his first seasons. buy him for 10k. bargain buy of the game. Aside from him…here is my dream team.

Hugo Pinheiro (Marinhense)

Taribo West (Free) Fredrik Risp(IFK Goteborg)

David Prutton (Nottm Forest) Michael Carrick (West Ham) Mike Duff ( Cheltenham)
    Kim Kallstrom (Hacken) Mark Kerr (Falkirk) Stefan Selakovic (Halmstad)
    David Collins( Radcliffe) Justin Georcelin(Northampton) Enjoy!!!

18. Gabriele
    Posted November 20, 2008 at 4:52 am

Hollo,

i try a wonderfull solution for every problems of money or player…. :)
    with a little change in file editor, you can have a fantastic team, with giant stadium, legendary player, incredible staff and money, much money….

But if you like a regular game, i give to you this names of young, cheapest and good players:

Andey Milevsky, L. Kovacevic ( free ), Panucci, Torrado, Foucini ( free ) Castillo ( free )

A little expensive, but very good player: Zè Elias Bonera.

Good game to all.

19. tolis
    Posted November 25, 2008 at 6:36 pm

abgar barsom for amc or amr. very very good

20. 25- d 2 da r-o-c
    Posted November 26, 2008 at 5:17 pm

not a patch on CHERNO SAMBA. Samba is god

21. denzel
    Posted November 26, 2008 at 6:40 pm

ANDREW MAINWARING!!

22. champaddict
    Posted December 4, 2008 at 8:00 am

i have brought in alot of these players into teams of mine & aa majority of them have certainly performed, but To Madeira doesnt tend to, should i give him a seasion ot two beore i sign him?, i play as Celtic in some of my gamee, is he good enough?, or am i just not giving im enough time to develop?

Tsigalko is something else, class!

23. MarcinG
    Posted December 4, 2008 at 3:58 pm

Just buy Marcin Harasimowicz from Gwardia Warszawa. 18 years old, ridiculous price and lots of 20’s he’s the Polish Tsigalko :)

24. Posted December 9, 2008 at 6:23 pm

Shane Tolley is fantastic!!!Belarus players are awesome…i don’t know why,but it’s like that. :)
    Problem is work permit. :/
    Very good defender is David Klimek from Fortuna.You can sign him on free after a first season.
    Good luck! :)

25. SWW
    Posted December 20, 2008 at 11:22 am

you want the best player ever he is way more better than tsigalko or dunwell buy jeh jeh pezpak

26. Doanld
    Posted December 30, 2008 at 12:41 pm

Hugo Pinheiro GK buy him for around 100K at the beginning of the 01-02 game, hes quality

27. RVN
    Posted February 11, 2009 at 5:43 am

How can i find tsigalko in this game?

28. Wessa
    Posted February 11, 2009 at 6:38 am

If you prefer a challenge and begin in lower leagues, here are a few names who will be of great benefi to you on a low budget;
    Brian McCallister (DF C/L) Free
    Scott Jones (DF C/L) 50k from Bristol Rovers after half a season.
    Darren Kelly (DF R/C) 20k from Derry City
    Peter weatherston (S) 100k after 10 international apps from Q-o-S

These players will perform throughout all leagues or make you a good profit!

Other players if you start the game with a higher league team;
    Kallstrom AM C (hacken)
    Delios GK (Aris)
    Lescott DFC (wolves)
    Lucic DF R/C (Swedish club)
    Damien Johnson AM R (blackburn)
    Werhman MC (Moss)
    Okorwonko DFC (shaktar)

More players can be given if requested. This is proven with Cardiff, Carlise, Hearts, Wolves, Kidderminster, Hull etc
    I have established all these teams in their top league and cup finals within 5 / 6 seasons dependin on which league it is!

29. Kriss
    Posted February 14, 2009 at 6:40 am

Hi there, I’m from Hungary so sorry for my english.
    I tried Tsigalko and To Madeira but both of them weren’t as good as it is shown on the pictures above, (I tried them in Man Utd, I don’t know what can be the problem, maybe the Premier League is too hard for them). Tsigalko scored 25-30 goals per season in about 50-55 matches, we rule England but we played only 2 ECC finals under 10 years. I also tried a lot of famous players like Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Figo, Totti, but they weren’t enough good too.
    I always play 4-4-2, I guess I should try the 4-1-2-1-2

30. big jim
    Posted February 25, 2009 at 12:30 pm

3 5 2 is attaking the best formation but u need great defenders also a good attaking midfilder [eg agahowa or moukoko also i agree samba is god tsigalko is good but samba is the titts

31. J4ck22
    Posted March 4, 2009 at 4:09 pm

Stanislaw Terlecki, same club as Harasimowicz and is also only 16 years of age ;)

32. Mark Molloy
    Posted March 13, 2009 at 9:41 am

4-1-2-1-2 is the best formation to use. Ive been playing the game for around 7-8yrs and this is my favourite formation. Also the 4-3-1-2 is good also.
    Havent heard anyone mention:
    Christian Chivu (Ajax)
    Tieme Klompe (Heerenveen)
    Jonas Lunden (IFK Goteborg)
    Emil Debski (Dalum)
    Gareth Jelleyman (Peterborough)
    David Livermore (Millwall) etc.
    Its true Tsigalko is a class player, and Samba too.
    Belarusian players are ace, and look at players from Shakhtar Donetsk. Theres a Japanese player called Daisuke Oku who is good when hes eligible for a work permit.
    Dionisis Chiotis (AEK) class keeper as well as Antonis Voulgaris (Apollon).
    Check out Michael Dunwell (Bishop Auckland) becomes a top player after you have left him in reserves for a few years.

33. Toronto FC
    Posted March 13, 2009 at 11:56 am

guys i need the new patch 2009 for cm 01 02
    where can i find it ?? ne ideas ?

34. Jimmy Holland
    Posted March 17, 2009 at 4:43 am

Good Players:

Stefan Selakovic
    Tommy Smith
    Yossi Benayoun

35. Jimmy Holland
    Posted March 17, 2009 at 4:45 am

Whats the best anyone has done with a team?

I won the Premiership with Man City in the secound year and got Yeovil to the Premiership from the conference

36. David McCarthy
    Posted March 17, 2009 at 12:33 pm

sign milen petkov for 5 million off aek athens.hes my favorite player also mokouko my ipswich team is
    gk frey
    lb west
    rb prutton
    cb klompe,hofland
    cm petkov,van der doelen,kerr
    am moukoko
    st samba,toni
    ive won everything with this team i sold jonas lunden to barcelona for 34million hes brilliant

37. m_arian
    Posted March 20, 2009 at 11:13 am

wael reyad as amc… a lot of goals and assists, i don’t know better player for that position

38. [F].ToRReS*
    Posted March 23, 2009 at 6:29 pm

Maxim Tsigalko n1

39. Toronto FC
    Posted March 23, 2009 at 10:39 pm

new 2009 patch for cm01/02 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    neone knows where to find it??

40. Adam
    Posted March 24, 2009 at 9:18 am

eldar hadzimehaedovic best player on the game!!

41. Jimmy Holland
    Posted March 26, 2009 at 8:23 am

How do i get the 2008/09 update for 01/02?

42. Mozzer
    Posted April 16, 2009 at 11:34 pm

Heres sum players

Justin walker,Mark Kerr,Tommy Smith,Stephen Hughes,Tarbio West,Mark Camm,
    Adam Tann, Stevand Augus,Tom Youngs

43. hersi the man!
    Posted April 23, 2009 at 3:22 pm

youssef hersi is the greatest attacking mid in the game and alex from cruzero in brazil is also amazing!! hersi scored 49 in 50 while he was still 18

44. scottish lad
    Posted April 28, 2009 at 4:26 am

david collins and kim kallstrom my personal best ohh and madds tim man u marcus allback older player but good and a goal scorer hackan suker
    good luck

45. Graeme
    Posted May 1, 2009 at 6:48 pm

Do yourself’s a favour and buy Pele (DMC) from Portuguese side Immortal, he costs about 20k and is a legend, best signing I ever made for my Aberdeen team, we even won a few Champion leagues and Pele was my star man

46. higgy
    Posted May 16, 2009 at 5:08 am

what is the most seasons anyone has ever done on cm 01/02

i did till 2013 with the spurs

anyone can beat that??

47. Igor Fritz_M
    Posted May 20, 2009 at 5:35 pm

2045…i can post a screenshot

48. Poly_Ranger
    Posted May 22, 2009 at 10:20 pm

Sounds stupid but try a 2-1-3-1-3 formation with full attack n evry1 runnin forward. Ul concede but believe me… ul score way more!!!
    Heres my 2 Hull city Teams in the Prem in 07/08 (won it n the last 2 seasons) 01/02-3rd Div Champs, 02/03-2nd Div Champs, 03/04-1st Div Champs, 04/05-6th in Prem, 05/06-Prem Champs, 06/07-Prem Champs… not including various English and continental cups.
    Gk: Chiotis/Pinheiro (also try out Nigmatullin)
    DC: Hofland,Chivu/West,Okoronkwo (also try out Mike Duff,Klompe)
    DMC: N’Diaye/Paredes (also try out Nyarko)
    CM: Petkov,Selakovic,Alex/Barsom,Karagounis,Lunden (also try out Ellmander,Liberpoulous)
    AMC: Moukoko/Aghahowa (also try out Scott Huckerby)
    ST: To Madeira,Cisse,Samba/Defo,Mido,Dunwell (also try out Donovan,Nikoladis)

For real cheap options, where the players have amazing stats in just a few areas so their still mint, try; Steve Barnes, Stuart Brightwell, Mike Duff, Richard Sadlier, Leon Constantine, Teddy Lucic, Daniel Andersson (Both a GK and a ST with this name are mint), Tommy Andersson, Swedish, Greek and Portugese leagues and Shaktar all have lots of cheap but excellent players!

49. AD
    Posted May 27, 2009 at 7:18 am

hi danny,
    i got to 2069 cuz i play champ 01/02 like all the time. Best players now is Izurmomabitch and yehsheas. Their like nearly all 20’s! :)

50. Adi Motiu
    Posted May 27, 2009 at 11:17 pm

About the work permit for Tsigalko: offer him “indispensable for the squad” status and the biggest contract that your team can give (even if it’s 4 mil dollars, he deserves every cent).
    I usually buy him for 3.1 mil. dollars, or 1.6 + 1.8 after 50 league matches (almost one and a half season)
    I usually use WWW2 tactics and i put him to man-mark the opposing keeper! That way he can score more than 100 goals per season!

51. la pulga atomica
    Posted June 4, 2009 at 5:10 am

great maxim tsigalko.

tevez and mascherano, 17 years in cm 01/02. They are free when the game start. Hard training and they are ready to play for the first team in year 04 or 05.

52. Serbian
    Posted July 4, 2009 at 3:48 am

pawel Brozek,Sergey Nikiforenko,Eldar Hadzimehmedovic,Santa Cruz(cerro),avalos,To madeira,Marko Croce,kerr,Cherno Samba,gk Voulgaris and Chiotis(aek)and the best player is Andrey Milevskiy….cm 01-02 is the besssssssst

53. stabaak9
    Posted July 4, 2009 at 10:23 am

how do you get your strikers to man mark the goal keeper.when i try to set it up in the tactics,my striker will only mark the centre half

54. Friend(Kostas91)
    Posted July 5, 2009 at 11:53 am

soory for my Eanglish,I litlle know this languag..but my cd for 01-02 manager is broken,and I dont know where make to buy new ch man 0102,in internet???i dont know?help pleaseeee…

55. Toybos
    Posted July 9, 2009 at 9:10 am

kostas 9 you can download it off the official championship manager website http://www.championshipmanager.co.uk/
    just sign up download, install. put in a blank cd and move all files onto it. run it off the cd :D hope you understood my english.

56. Jock Stein of champ
    Posted July 12, 2009 at 1:17 am

maxim tsigalko is a cheat mode as a lone striker hes scored over 80 goals in the EPL in 1 season trust me hes the best striker in the game ive got samba and skalidis from (chania} who has the most 20s in the game as back up but maxim is a class apart hes the best champ player ever, greece has some good players Andrielos from Aigio is a class defender on man marking, also Anastasiadis {OFI} and Tsikitiris are 3 of the best man markers in the game
    my team
    saja gk
    Duff RB Bouma LB {cheap back up} Kalogeras Andrielos, terry
    petrov cambiasso DM D,Alessandro Mid Schewwleff at,bruno att mid and cheat mode up front gives u the best team in england and europe trust me

57. Adi Motiu
    Posted July 24, 2009 at 11:09 am

You have to put him to man-mark when you are in match, before you click on kick off; enter your team tactics, right-click on him, click on marking (the last line), click on man, and then select the keeper’s name.
    You can only put him to man-mark the keeper after you click proceed to match, so you have to repeat it every match. If the opposing keeper is sent off, go back and select the new player in the keeper position
    (the keeper’s substitute or an outfield player if the dummy manager made all substitutions)
    Good luck!

58. Adi Motiu
    Posted July 24, 2009 at 11:11 am

That was a reply to:

stabaak9
    Posted July 4, 2009 at 10:23 am

59. Tom Bennett
    Posted July 28, 2009 at 12:26 pm

Can’t believe no one has mentioned
    Ibrahim Said 525k
    Kennedy Bakircioglu 275k
    stefan selakovic 700k

60. Jun Eka
    Posted August 1, 2009 at 8:50 am

try assane ndiaye, good stats just like patrick vieira or davids, also try marvin andrews,he got good stats in defense,

61. CHris
    Posted August 1, 2009 at 7:09 pm

The best player by far is Hersi by him for £5m at start he’s amazing!

My team
    ST: TSAGILKO
    ST: VAN NILSTEROOY

MAGIC TEAM!

62. Tiagoon
    Posted August 4, 2009 at 7:04 am

Those players are great…
    I started my season on Machico (I bought João Paiva and Tó Madeira) ->> got to Vit. Guimarães (I bought Tó Madeira and Maxim Tsigalko) ->> got to Sporting CP (I bought Tó Madeira, Maxim Tsigalko and Eldar Hadzimehmedovic) ->> got to Portugal and Sporting at a time (best Portugal Manager in 5 years)

lol i was always buying the same players… Tó Madeira was with me with all my clubs… :D
    Some of the players I bought too are: Neri Alberto Castillo (MAE), Ernesto Cristialdo (young DC with great expectations), Paulo Ferreira (DD) and Pontus Farnernud (DE) (he’s actually in Sporting in real and I didn’t know O.o). Tota is a young keeper with great expectations too. Volodenkov, Din. Minsk player, is a good player too.

63. Creative997
    Posted August 29, 2009 at 5:41 pm

Awesome players and worked with them:
    Dionisis Chiotis, Sebastian Frey, Petr Cech, Hugo Pinheiro, Gino Coutinho, Gianluigi Buffon, Francesco Toldo
    John Terry, Ibrahim Said, Taribo West, Ashley Cole, Vincent Candela, Walter Samuel, Fabio Cannavaro, Javier Zanetti, Tieme Klompe, Isaac Okoronkwo
    Assane N\’Diaye, Patrick Vieira, Damiano Tomassi, Stephan Appiah, Kaká, Marat Izmailov, Francesco Totti, Arjen Robben, Juan Sebastian Verón, Johan Elmander, Harry Kewell, Vitaly Kutuzov, Matteo Brighi, Gianluca Zambrotta, Emerson, Denilson, Andrea Pirlo, Jussi Kujala, Kennedy Bakircioglu
    Ronaldinho, Luis Saha, Hernan Jorge Crespo, Vincenzo Montella, Djibril Cissé, Emmanuel Olisadebe, Gabriel Omar Batistuta, José Saturnino Cardozo, Besart Mazreku, Justin Georcelin, Cherno Samba, Mirko Vucinic, Zlatan Muslimovic, David Trezeguet, Ronaldo, Ruud van Nistelrooy, Joao Pinto, Mark Viduka, Roman Vasilyuk
    and so on, these are from my head atm
    I already have seen Tsigalko but didnt try yet, but now Im curious and I will :)
    A CM0102 fan from Hungary

64. Eirik
    Posted August 30, 2009 at 8:06 am

A lot of great players are mentioned above, but i think some players are missing. For example Meysam Javan and Lee Croft. Javan plays for IFK Trelleborg in Sweden. They wont disappoint you! : )

65. Posted September 8, 2009 at 9:15 am

I tried to work my way up without buying any of these players. There’s so many, there’s just nothing left to buy anymore :P I couldn’t even challenge for any title!

So I went on to buy only To Madeira and Maxim Tsigalko and became 4 times champions in a row.

66. JohnnyB
    Posted September 13, 2009 at 4:36 am

One word. Brozek.

67. cmboy
    Posted September 13, 2009 at 4:52 am

My favourite player on CM01/02 is Tommy Wirtanen of Finnish team, MIFK. He was a young player with heaps of potential and in one certain saved game of mine, he dominated for me down the right wing and didn’t let the pressure of playing for FC Barcelona get to him. Tommy Wirtanen – Great player.

68. thalia
    Posted September 13, 2009 at 5:26 pm

Hugo Rodallega is my favourite one. He was transferred to Wigan. Here is the transfer new of Rodallega.

Wigan completed the signing of Rodallega from Mexican side Necaxa in January 2009.

He had a nomadic early career in South American and Mexican football, playing for Deportes Quindío, Deportivo Cali, Monterrey and Atlas before arriving at Necaxa.

The Colombian international was prolific for his country at youth level before graduating to the senior team in 2005. He was part of the full squad at the 2007 Copa America and was forced to go in goal following the dismissal of Robinson Zapata.

69. as roma fan
    Posted September 14, 2009 at 7:40 am

good players to buy

pawel brozek
    guarye
    pinga
    estefania
    mark kerr
    hersi
    hofland

70. expo
    Posted September 14, 2009 at 5:58 pm

Gamers and football fans though are increasingly looking to the net to provide higher quality football games either 3D console format games or football manager downloads. Now the net is not sentient and cannot respond directly to these searches but the people who use it are. Well most of them are sentient but this author suspects that an alarmingly large number of users are scoring very low on the Glasgow Coma scale.

The FIFA series and Championship (Football) Manager games are probably the best known and used football games in the business at the moment and this has been the case for over 10 years. You may thus say “It is therefore, my dear fellow, high time that the web designers got off their lazy updating backsides and invented something new” and you would be right. There are only so many updates you can make to Championship Manager before you actually make it easier to really manage a football club rather than virtually do it.

Football games have been lucky in that the technology has kept advancing and allowed so many new additions to be made to the original game formats but their complexity is such that people are now looking at diversifying the complexity away from the game parameters and into the internet.

71. chernobyl
    Posted September 15, 2009 at 12:03 am

My favourite player is of cource Ernesto Farias from River Plate.
    This is the new published in Fifa official site about Ernesto.

Ninety-five goals in official games in the colours of Estudiantes de La Plata between 1998 and 2004 helped convince River Plate’s directors that Ernesto Farias was the right man to fill the void left by striker Fernando Cavenaghi, sold to Spartak Moscow.

Farias joined River Plate following a brief spell in the Italian league with Palermo in 2004. Despite only scoring twice for the Serie A side, the Millonarios were made to work hard at the negotiating table before they could bring their man back to Argentine soil. His ten goals this campaign, seven in the Clausura tournament and three in the Copa Libertadores, are testament to his ability in front of goal. However, Farias has not found the net since 24 April, when he scored in a 5-2 win over Almagro in the Argentinian Championship.

Still to find his feet in River Plate colours, the marksman is aware that the return match against Banfield is one of the most important games of his career so far and would be an ideal moment to end his barren spell. Nicknamed La Tecla (The Key), Farias knows that he will have to push all the right buttons in the upcoming clash to win over the demanding River fans.

72. tonton
    Posted September 15, 2009 at 12:04 am

The great Moukoko, who currently plays in the magical environs of the Swedish lower leagues, was actually misspelled Mokouko in the 2000-01 version of CM. At that stage of his career, he was a promising youngster at Derby County, apparently courted by the likes of Juventus, he lent an exotic bent due to the seven syllables of that majestic name and his Swedish/Ghanaian background. Also, he would sign for you even if you weren’t in the premier league and you didn’t need a pesky work permit.

The first time signed him I got him on a free from Derby – who weren’t even playing him in the first team, the fools – he gobbled up goals and was absolutely devastating in the central role of my midfield in my preferred 4-1-3-2 formation. Even now, years after his CM glory days, he has a Facebook appreciation group: men whose upper lips remain defiantly stiff at funerals go a big rubbery one when they remember the time he banged in two in the last four minutes to overturn a 3-4 deficit at home to Aberdeen in the Champions League semi-final of 2014-15. His success and reliability took man-love to new, twisted levels of absurdity. CM has, to date, been cited in over 35 divorce cases. I’m surprised it’s that low.

73. Posted September 19, 2009 at 7:05 am

Verry verry good players in CM 01/02
    Tsigalko
    aghahowa
    n\’diaye
    ronaldinho
    nikiforenko
    okoronkwo
    costanzo (keeper)
    robben
    to madeira
    kerr

74. Tsi
    Posted September 25, 2009 at 12:56 pm

Tsi Dinamo Minsk takımıyla çıktığı 53 maçta 24 gol atmıştır.2006 yılında Naftan Novopolotsk takımına transfer olur.Orda ki başarısız sezonun ardından Kazak kulübü Kaisar Kyzylorda kulübüne gitti.Orda 21 maçta sadece 7 gol atabildi.Daha sonra FC Banants’da forma giydi ve 4 maçta 2 gol ve son takımı Savit Mahilyou kulübünde 6 maçta 2 gol kaydetti.Halen o kulübün formasını giyer.Şuan 26 yaşında olan “Gol Makinesi”‘nin 2003′te kazandığı Belarus Kupası ve 2004′te kazandığı Belarus Premier Ligi’nden başka başarısı yoktur.Milli takımda da 1 maçta 1 gole imza atmıştır.

Görüldüğü üzere bir CM Scout’nun raporu doğrultusunda bütün dünyada hayranları olan bir oyuncu olmuştur Tsigalko.Şimdi 13-18 yaş aralığında hangi gence sorarsanız sorun hepsi kendi ülkelerinin yıldızlarından daha çok tanır Maxim Tsigalko’yu.

75. Marns
    Posted November 5, 2009 at 11:28 am

Read all posts, and you all post great players, even though one is missing.

Arkadiusz Bak from Polonia.

He makes tons of goals and assists – just place him right behind your strikers and let him do his job! :P

76. Posted November 11, 2009 at 6:55 pm

i always buy tsigalko, no matters the team. but a player you will surely want is wael reyad. he is really cheap and you can find it in al-ahly. i would name to madeira, but he is unreal, so i reccomend you jonas lunden, from ifk goteborg and cherno samba, he is very young but when he gets the right age, he becomes in the best player. i recommen two “oldies”, taribo west, who is free at the beggining and radoslaw kaluzny, who is at cottbus and is the best defensive midlefier.

77. Skalidas
    Posted December 14, 2009 at 10:40 am

noone has mentioned skalidas. scores triple what tsigalko does. He appears after installing the v.3.68 patch for 01/02. He is world class and costs 200k after the first season

78. i hate the guy who started this post
    Posted February 24, 2010 at 7:56 am

OMG that fist pic when the guy scors 7 gloes lol why did he have to cheat to get it you no take control of the other team and and moeve there keeper out then put all players in defence

79. Furyofthebeast
    Posted May 11, 2010 at 4:25 pm

if you want te best tactic ever search google and download “FuryOftheBeast

80. imba
    Posted May 23, 2010 at 8:19 am

Tsi ……speak english you NERD

81. Emiel
    Posted May 24, 2010 at 6:33 pm

Today I started the game and I choose to manage celtic. But I can\’t find young good players like tsigalko, pinheiro, niferernko and other talents… does someone know why this is? Where can I find a good version of this game ?

82. Jens :)
    Posted May 25, 2010 at 1:37 pm

Lars Iver Strand from Tromsø is maybe the best player in there.

He scored 28 PL goals and 12 CL and 15 Cup goals. He must play as At Midfielder.

Ibrahim Said, Taribo West, Antonio de Nigris, To Madeira, Levan Kobiashvili, Anders Rotevatn

83. peter prospar's bitch
    Posted June 7, 2010 at 12:34 pm

Wayne Rooney
    Jon Ostembor
    Cherno Samba
    Federico Lazzeri
    Kennedy Bakircioglu
    Kim Kallstrom
    Tonton Zola M…

Pretty much any 16 yr old u can find and develop will turn into a world class player

84. Posted August 26, 2010 at 10:28 am

some pros:

Chiotis (GK), To Madeira (SC), Lunden, Bull (DMC), Hanson, Estefania (MC-AMC), Said, Barsom (MC-AMCRL), Moukoko (MC-AMC), Risp (DC), Lars Iver Strand (AMC), Croce (MRL), Dorsin, N`Diaye, Dunwell, Samba, Tsigalko, Milevskiy, Volodenkov, Hersi, Brozek, Hofland, Lagemyr, Aghahowa, Carlos Germano, Dyer, Ifill, Arca, Bruno, Tinga, Makelele, Nildo, O`Brien, Ashley Cole, Pinardi, Rossini, Ronningberg, Neri Alberto Castillo, Pirlo, Tim Howard, Pedro Neto, L.Donovan, F. Torres, Tobiasen, Debski

85. lenda
    Posted September 3, 2010 at 8:11 pm

nobody mentionen josetxo , you can get him for free on start , he develop in really good cd left footed , also udeze is definitly best cd in game and you can get him from paok for like 2m euro

86. b
    Posted September 4, 2010 at 7:14 am

just a player that everyone has not yet mentioned is ‘bruno’ plays in the brazilian leagues but is a amcand is probably the best player i have ever signed, currently in 2045

87. 4-4-2
    Posted September 13, 2010 at 7:34 pm

Don’t forget to buy Ivan Roussef.He is playing for apollon in greece.He will become a world class midfielder.The problem is the work permitt.Another great player is Manolis Drosos.He turns out to be a scoring machine after some years.If you start at lower divisions buy joao paiva(free)

88. Kash
    Posted September 19, 2010 at 7:09 am

For version 3.9.68:
    Farnerud from Sweden is incredible, he starts aged 17, you need to snap him quick though. Then there are the greek god strikers like Skalidis and Alexandros Papadopolous, the latter who always goes to be worth an absolute fortune (I buy him for £500k and always can get over £30M if sell him).
    Other amazing greek players are Stratigos, and the unbelievable Doukas from Greek club Kassandra – trust me you have to get this guy, no better CM in the entire game. The Greeks in this game are ridiculously good.
    Kim Nam Il from S Korea is a brillliant DM, as is Ibrahim Said. English gem is David Bryan, get him quick, brilliant teenage midfielder.

89. Harlequin
    Posted September 27, 2010 at 9:18 am

I always start as lower league sides (preferrably as Igea Virtus Barcellona in Italy, Nuneaton Borough in England or Osnabruck in Germany) as i enjoy the challlenge of improving struggling clubs fortunes. A lthough most of the players mentioned are difficult to sign straight away i have found several who consistently serve me very well.

GK: William Espinoza- free

Robert Boateng-free

Att-Neil Somerville-free
    Daniel Chedraui-free
    Daniel Nardiello-free
    Vioresin Sinani-free
    Marcus Richardson- Cambridge Utd around 7k

Ignore the stats of these players they play very well on hidden attrbutes. Robert Boateng and Marcus Richardson are huge goalscorers in any lower league i have put them in and from midfield Vegard Sveen will surprise you. Sinani can be hit or miss but with good stats can play as ATT MID or as FC and i once retrained him as a DMC for a laugh and he did rather well there.
    With these in my team i rarely fail to achieve promotion (even in the conference against the mighty Doncaster with that bugger Justin Jackson damn him!!) and a decent cup run. Best of luck keep the spirit of CM 01/02 alive.

90. Miljenko
    Posted September 29, 2010 at 6:39 pm

I recommend Rudy Haddad from PSG! Similar to Tsigalko. No one mentioned him yet???

91. Johnny
    Posted September 30, 2010 at 2:02 pm

Listen guys, i got a list of cheap good players that i have won the championsleague with rosenborg BK 4 times in a row with.

Keepers: Hugo Pinheiro
    Defenders: David klimek, Assane N`Diaye, Isaac Okoronkwo, Taribo West, Tommy jöhnson, Mikael Dorsin, Mike Duff, Coloccini
    Defensive midfielders: Håkon Mild, Guardiola, Billy Mckinnley, Park
    Offensive midfielders: Kim Kälström, Thomas Rosenquist, Stefan Selakovic, Kennedy Bakircioglü, Kristian Bergström, Harashimovic, Terlecki, Agghahowa.
    Strikers (30 goals-60 goals PR season): Joao Paiva, Butra, To Madeira, Maxim tsigalko, Johnny mikael gallefoss, Güiza

Hope this helped :) – Big CM 01-02 fan

92. burn
    Posted October 7, 2010 at 5:27 am

4-1-3-2
    gk:chiotis,costanzo,kovacevic,voulgaris,frey,nigmatullin,majdan,eleftheropoulos
    dc:n’diaye,taribowest,terry,udeze,rustico,klompe,okoronkwo,bonera,klimek,mexes,risp,lucic,mellberg,ibrahim said,marvin andrews,radoi,craig moore,yepes,sebastian mendez,burdisso,chivu,hofland,heitinga,laizans,coloccini
    dr/l:hoiland,oude kamphuis,lamey,dorsin,gary kelly,zauri,zenoni,emmerton,prutton,corneliusson,crainey,gareth bary,dede,bouma,ian harte,arca,ashley cole,aurelio
    dmc:medina,zikos,paredes,van der doelen,kaluzny,khatskevich,carrick,ambrosini,appiah,battaglia,timoschuk,milen petkov,mouratidis
    mc/amc:kerr,bergstrom,jose antonio reyes,nedelkovic,joe cole,farias,alex,riquelme,pearson,nikiforenko,barsom,lunden,tommy smith,selakovic,kieron dyer,vladimir ivic,jairo castillo,blomqvist,steven reid,elmander,brighi,ishizaki,kallstrom,diope,strand,farnerud,steven hughes,zurawski,moukoko,d’allessandro,d’agostino,arkadiusz bak,holland,ivan rousef,derek boateg,rosenqvist,aghahowa,lagemyr,hersi,liverani,doni
    sc:to madeira,lourenco,darren bent,marcus bent,nikolaidis,saha,vasilyuk,defoe,robben,ibrahimovic,luca toni,donovan,alan smith,hayles,antonov,zizi roberts,ronald gomez,drosos,gustaf andersson,cort,tsigalko,debski,mido,brozek,cherno samba,rossini,lee chun soo,comandini,vugrinec,vucinic,torres,guarrye,guillherme,luizao,hadzimehmedovic,vitaly kutuzov,olisadebe,karadas,vorobey,milevskiy

93. joco
    Posted October 30, 2010 at 10:30 pm

sorochinskiy , jesus arellano

94. Posted January 5, 2011 at 6:29 pm

my best team on cm2 is GK Maik Taylor(i sign him from Fulham),DR Marc Bircham DC Joe Dolan DL Ronnie Bull DMC Park Ji-Sung(i sign him from Purple Sanga)AMRC Paul Iffill MC Tim Cahill MC Mark Kerr(i sign him from Farkirk) AMLC Steven Reid STK Neil Harris STK Richard Sadllier … i use 3-1-4-2 tactic and is great,good attack,and good defense

95. Posted January 5, 2011 at 6:30 pm

P.S. i play with Millwall

96. The GraciousFew
    Posted January 21, 2011 at 7:03 am

The comment about playing 13 seasons and asking was that the most anyone has played made me laugh! I’ve had the game since it came out and have played over 300 seasons! – Still gong with Yeovil!

97. riza
    Posted February 9, 2011 at 10:05 pm

Come on…
    Play cm 01/02 again..
    Keep the game stay alive..!

Cm mania from Indonesia…

98. Posted March 30, 2011 at 8:15 am

Hi All, we are a group of CM 01/02 fans making a new management sim. Check us out at http://www.afootballlife.com. May the spirit of CM 01/02 live on forever! :)

99. por
    Posted April 11, 2011 at 2:38 am

diego maadona junior (Napoli) he is 15 years he shoot 40 goal for 1 season try!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

100. Nzr
    Posted August 2, 2011 at 3:03 am

Just try 3-1-3-3 the key of this formation is the DM. put pressing to all Mid,foward run for both wings attacker. zonal mark for all except 3 attacker. it will be great…

101. stephen
    Posted August 6, 2011 at 8:58 pm

How do i update the cm 01/02

102. Dario
    Posted August 31, 2011 at 7:47 am

The best young talented players (and later on best players in the game) I’ve come across while playing many hours of CM 01/02 are:

Goalies:

-Tsigalko
    -Madeira
    -Joao Paiva
    -Samba

103. FERDİ
    Posted November 2, 2011 at 12:08 pm

ARKADAŞLAR 01-02 MANAGER BU OYUNUN CD SI VEYA BIR NUMARASI VARSA YARDIMCOLURSANIZ SEVINIRIM FERDİGS_72I@HOTMAİLDEN YARDIMLARINI BEEKLIYORUM FACEDENDE MSJ ATABILIRSENIZ COK SEVINIRIM IYI GUNLER

104. nico
    Posted October 23, 2012 at 7:35 pm

lower divisions..buy marco negri for free.

105. John
    Posted January 18, 2013 at 9:56 pm

I had the best team ever…
    4-1-2-1-2

GK: Pelizzoli (roma)
    DR: Yakubu (ajax)
    DC: Rustico (atalanta)
    DC: Said (dont remember his team)
    DL: Bouma (psv)

DMC: Mendes da Silva (sparta)
    MC: Joe Cole (west ham)
    MC: Agahowa (sharktar)
    AMC (and the key) Bruno (gremio)

SC: Darren Bent (ipswich)
    SC: Earnshaw (dont remeber)