Deathcon Two – RuneScape Halloween Event Guide 2011
(Deathcon 2)The RuneScape Halloween 2011 Event takes place at clan citadels, near Rimmington. Citadels are located just west of the chicken pen in Falador and North of Port Sarim. You will see a gift icon right where you’re supposed to start the halloween event in the world map. Follow this walktrough if you want to save time.
Time Taken: Short – Medium (15 Minutes)
Rewards: The “Living on Borrowed” Emote, Deathcon T-shirt, and an hourglass (p2p only).
Steps to finish the quest:
- Speak to Frank outside the clan Camp’s west entrance. He will give you a Deathcon Lanyard which gives you access to the portal. Once that is done, go through the blue citadel portal JUST EAST of Frank
- Once that you’ve entered the portal, head WEST, and look for a statue. That statue is named “Beauty”; talk to her. Go through the conversation text. At some point, she will ask you which statue should we pick to begin with. I’d say go with the order they give you, but as long as you associate these ones together it doesn’t matter.
Death’s -> Green Dragon
Famine -> Giant Spider
Frank’s -> Glacor
Pestilence’s -> Skeleton
War -> Demon Warlord
Now that they’re all set, go back to the red portal where you came from (do not exit that). Look for the brick blocks on the outside called “Statue Plinth”, you will need to click those and choose a personage for each. Start with the first Plinth North-West and work your way east and eventually south. Here is the order on what to click for each Plinth.
- Now go chat with Beauty, the statue again, and tell her that you are done. Follow the road west and take the first right. Go north all the way up until you see a very big room with a podium and benches (similar to what a senate would look like in real life). Go to the second floor by clicking on the stairs.
- Then chat with infinity, the DJ spider that you see. You may want to read the text and not simply skip through it, jagex actually came up with a nice story on this one. After talking to that spider (Infinity), she will give you a dance floor manual. You will then need to complete the pumpkin puzzle below.
Once you’ve completed the pumpkin puzzle as shown in the picture, talk to the spider again. Choose the last option – asking her to check if what you did is correct.
- You’re almost done now! Climb up the stairs (located the corner of the room you are in). You will find Frank in the northern-most part of the room. Chat with him and tell him that you will help him out.
He will then teleport you to a chicken and fireworks puzzle in which you control the chicken and have to make him explode all four fireworks. The chicken moves ONLY in “L” patterns of 3 squares, just like a knight does in the game of chess. This is the easiest puzzle, when you’re done speak to frank again. By the way, if you’re placed on the right square next to the fireworks and clicking doesn’t work, try clicking several times in several manners.
Now you’re done! Go find the Grim Reaper outside. He is located in a tent, all the way south west from when you exit the building. Another way to find him is from the time you enter the portal, go west all the way (past statue) till you see the tent with a dog at it’s entrance. So the rewards for this year’s Halloween are the following:
Reward #1: Deathcon T-shirt.
Reward #2: The “Living on Borrowed” Emote. This is a very cool emote.
Reward #3: A Hourglass. You need to be a member for this one. Consider getting a free one here.