How to Stop Evil Mobs From Spawning in Your Minecraft Home
Many people have problems with mobs spawning in their Minecraft home, especially when they go to sleep. This article will explain how to prevent them from spawning in your house and waking you up in the dead of night!
1. Have your Minecraft home well lit – This is by far the best way to fend off evil mobs. Place as many torches as possible in and around your home. Having torches around your home as well as in it ensures mobs won’t spawn right outside – Thus, if you walk outside come morning you won’t get gunned down by 5 skeletons that haven’t died yet.
2. Use windows. Evil mobs will die in direct sunlight, which of course can only come from the sun. So if you are unlucky enough to have any mobs spawn inside your place, they will die come morning when sunlight streams in the windows. Oh, and mobs cannot spawn on glass, so feel free to use it strategically!
3. Cover all entrances with doors and all windows with glass. Mobs can only fit through a vertical two square gab remember, so don’t sweat it about a anything smaller than that.
4. If you keep getting woken by mobs when you go to sleep, try moving your bed to a different room in your house. Upstairs is best, as its harder for them to get to you. If you still have no luck, make a special room that is as small as possible, is separated by the rest of your house by a door, and has torches in every spare space. Mobs will not have room to spawn around you if you do this.
5. Don’t make the rooms in your home bigger than they need to be – Try to have lots of small, filled up rooms rather than a couple of large empty rooms. This way there is less room for mobs to spawn around you.
6. Have a moat/wall/fence surrounding your Minecraft home so venturing outside will be relatively safe (assuming you have outside lighting). If you opted for a moat mobs that fall in will drown, meaning you can venture down and collect what they dropped.
7. Don’t use double doors, as there is a glitch that allows mobs to ‘pass through’ them.
8. Place doors from the outside of your house, not the inside. There is a glitch that allows mobs to ‘pass through’ the inner side of doors.
9. Place your bed at least one block away from exterior walls of your home.
Wondering how to make torches in Minecraft? Click here for a tutorial on how to craft torches.